JAPANESE ARCHITECTURE IN KYOTO
- Address: Shishigatani-Goshonodan-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto City
- Phone: 075-771-2420
- Open: (garden)5:00-16:00
- Fee: free
- Access: 15min. from Jodo-ji busstop
- Flowers: maple leaves(middle of November), Camellia(from end of March)
- Comments: garden: Constructed in Edo Period.
Originaly founded by Saint Honen(1133-1212) and rebuilt at 1680.
There are many tombs of famous scholars such as Konan Naito(Eastern Historian), Shuzo Kuki(Philosopher), Hajime Kawakami(Economist), Junitirou Tanizaki(Novelist), Heihachiro Fukuda(artist).
- Just step in from thatch-roofed gate, the sand mounds on either side of the walkway are formed and pictures are drawn on them by a bumboo rake.
- Early in the morning, you can see a bonze draws the pictures in misty air.
The stroll garden with pond had made at Edo Period. Very quiet and wet air here is my one of the most favorite things.
BACK TO SAKYO-KU
BACK TO JAPANESE ARCHITECTURE IN KYOTO
BACK TO HOME