JAPANESE ARCHITECTURE IN KYOTO
KORYUJI TEMPLE No.1
- Address: Mineoka-cho, Uzumasa, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto City
- Phone: 075-861-1461
- Open: 9:00-16:00
- Fee: 600yen
- Access: Uzumasa station by Keifuku Railway. Uzumasa-Koryuji-mae busstop. Tokiwa-Nakanomati busstop by bus No.75, Ukyoku-Ward Office busstop by bus No.11.
- Comments: Founded in 603(Suiko 11). Burnt many times and rebuil in 1165(Eiman 1).
- Buildings: Nandaimon(south gate) was rebuilt in 1702(Genroku 15), Kodo(lecture building) was rebuilt in 1165(Eiman 1), Hondo(main building) was built in 1730(Kyoho 15).
- Keiguu-in was originaly built in Kamakura Period and rebuilt 1251(Kencho 3).
- MIROKU-BOSATSU, the statue of buddist saint is the first National Treashure.
- The image of Shotoku Taishi wooden sculpture is installed. The image is exhibit every November 22th.
BACK TO UKYO-KU
BACK TO JAPANESE ARCHITECTURE IN KYOTO
BACK TO HOME