JAPANESE ARCHITECTURE IN KYOTO
NINNA-JI TEMPLE No.1
- Address: 33, Ohuchi, Omuro, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto City
- Phone: 075-461-1155
- Open: 9:00-16:30
- Fee: 500yen (300yen for child)
- Access: Omuro Stn. of Keifuku Railway. Omuro-Ninnaji busstop of Kyoto bus and City bus #26,8,10
- Buitl at 888 by Uta Emperor. Kondo is the style of Shinden Zukuri at Heian Period.
- The Cherry blossom is Very famous.
- There are two excellent tee house in the garden, hitou-tei and Ryokaku-tei, but both are not exhibit usually. It is necessary to make a reserevation with more than 5 persons
- Entrance. Rebuilt in 1624-48(Kanei-Seiho).
- The garden in front of Shiro-Shoin. Chokushi-mon(gate) and Sanmon(main gate for this temples)
Sanmon was rebuilt in 1646(Seiho 3).
Chokushi-mon was burned in 1887(Meiji 20) and rebuilt in 1913(Taisho 2).
|[No.1]Entrance, Garden in Hojo
||: [No.2]Shoin (Main building)
||: [No.4]Tea houses hitou-tei 1
|[No.5]Tea houses hitou-tei 2
||: [No.6]Tea houses Ryokaku-tei
BACK TO UKYO-KU
BACK TO JAPANESE ARCHITECTURE IN KYOTO
BACK TO HOME