Welcome to Kichuudo, the Electronic Mind Buddhist
Kichuudo is a bookstore specializing in Buddhist texts, located in
historical Kyoto, on Teramachi-doori between Sanjoo and Oike avenues.
We have been in business since 1905 (since 1930 at the present
location). Our building was constructed in the early Shoowa style,
reflecting a Chinese traditional atmosphere. We carry a broad
spectrum of works, with no particular sectarian emphasis. We stock
new and old works, commentarial works, canonical collections and
explanatory works of interest to Buddhist clerics, research
specialists as well as beginners. In addition to our numerous works
on Japanese Buddhism, we carry works on Chinese, Korean, Indian and
Tibetan Buddhism, as well as materials on Taoism and other related
philosophical and religious traditions.
- Please freely inquire about anything related to Buddhist
texts, including new publications, old books, classical works,
canonical works, etc. We also purchase old books.
- List of new publications in stock
- List of old books in stock
- List of classical Buddhist texts in stock
- An introduction to our most recently received texts.
- Home page of Kyoto's used bookstores.
- Links to other resources for Buddhism and texts
書林 其中堂:三浦 了三
TEL 81-75-231-2971 FAX 81-75-212-0934
Teramachi Sanjo-kita Nakagyoku Kyoto,Japan 604-8081
Please send e-mail for your requests and orders to here
Back to Japnese home page